One world renowned chef – nine couples with a dream – only one restaurant
Over the course of 14 weeks, nine couples with little or no experience will be asked to take over an empty restaurant and turn it into a money-making showpiece in only a week. Raymond Blanc, owner of two Michelin starred restaurants hosts the series and he’s not going to let these couples slide by on a dream. This is going to be hard work and with that will come sweat, tears and maybe some blood (ooh, watch the knife!)
Like all good reality shows, the couples will live and work together – and if you think the mothers and daughters are bad on Crowned, wait until you see husbands and wives go at it.
Each week a panel of ‘inspectors’ will visit the restaurants and the three lowest scoring sites will have to face off in a challenge round. The one who fails gets shut down. The ultimate winner gets their own brand new restaurant with the financial and personal backing of Blanc.
“The couples taking part are very brave, they have to leave their families, or change the schooling of their children, it is a life changing decision to take part in this program – it is not just a game. They are making many sacrifices….," says Blanc.
But it will be worth it for at least one pair.
The nine competing couples are:
- Martin, a prison caterer, and his fiancée Emma who works in a bingo hall.
- Jeremy, a chef in the Marines, and his wife Jane.
- Lloyd and Adwoa, an engaged couple who run market stalls selling food.
- Jazz drummer Sam and his wife Jacqui, an actress & waitress.
- Eddie and his older brother Michael, a communications consultant.
- Advertising copywriter Grant and his wife Laura.
- Sisters and children’s entertainers, Jess and Laura.
- Nicola, a home cook and successful businesswoman, and her son Tom.
- Mature university student Chris and his partner Jade.
Last Restaurant Standing premieres with a two-hour special on Tuesday, February 12, 8:00 pm. After that the show moves to it’s normal 9:00 time slot.
Want a sneak preview? Tune in for a one-hour episode on Thursday, February 7, 9:00 pm on BBC America.
Photo: Courtesy of BBC
The inspectors with Raymond Blanc – (left to right) Lee Cash, Sarah Willingham, Raymond Blanc and John Lederer.